Seattle Asks Residents To Reduce Water Usage By 10 Percent
You may have heard that the city of Seattle asked residents this week to cut their water usage by 10 percent because of the drought. Seattle supplies water to 1.3 million people (which includes the city of Seattle and 25 other cities and water districts in King County.)
So here’s a few ways to reduce water from our friends at the city:
- Let your lawn go dormant and limit plant watering to twice a week.
- Water plants before 8 a.m. or after 7 p.m. – If you are watering, do it during this timeframe to reduce the impact of evaporation.
- Reduce your showering time at home, work and the gym
- Check for and fix leaks now, including checking your toilets for silent leaks
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes
Okay Greenlakers, I think it’s time we displayed our yellow lawns with pride! If the hay-colored lawn is too much, you can always do what some Californians are doing and spray paint your lawn green.
For more info on water saving measures go to: www.savingwater.org.