Expect Delays In And Near Green Lake Starting This Week
This just in from SDOT:
“You may see crews surveying on N 40th St this week as they prepare to begin saw cutting as soon as next week.
Here’s what you can expect for the upcoming week of construction:
- Work hours:
- Crews to typically work 5 days a week, from 7 AM to 7 PM
- Closures and detours:
- Single-lane closures near work zones to accommodate construction activities; our crews will maintain one lane of traffic in each direction. Please plan ahead for delays.
- Single-lane closure for westbound traffic on N 50th St near Fremont Ave N
- On-street parking restrictions near work zones; please follow signage on “no parking” signs
- When construction activities are directly adjacent to an intersection or driveway, expect slight delays
- Pedestrian detours in place
- Flaggers to be present to direct traffic
- Construction activities:
- Protection for trees in the immediate construction area
- Construction noise, dust, and vibration
- N 50th St:
- Saw cutting of road pavement to prepare for demolition work and concrete panel replacement at Fremont Ave N as soon as Monday, September 9. Access to the Woodland Park Zoo will be maintained.
- Concrete panel replacement at Fremont Ave N as soon as next week
- Saw cutting of road pavement to prepare for concrete panel replacement from Phinney Ave N to Stone Ave N
- Utility work at Whitman Ave N to be complete as soon as the end of this week
- Concrete panel replacement at Whitman Ave N
- Demolishing and rebuilding curb ramps and sidewalks from Whitman Ave N to Stone Way N
- N 40th St:
- Saw cutting of road pavement to prepare for concrete panel replacement from Stone Way N to Densmore Ave N as soon as next week
Also of note is the construction and road delays on 80th Avenue that also run down to Green Lake to North Green Lake Drive. That is part of a PSE project will likely be completed this Fall.
Traffic advice? Get a helicopter.